Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction began in mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (Mar 27, 2020)
Queen Creek Road Improvements:
- Scheduled for Monday and Tuesday (March 30-31), beginning at 4 a.m. each morning, paving crews will mill (remove asphalt) and pave Queen Creek Road, between Cooper Road and Gilbert Road. To accommodate this work, traffic will be shifted away from the work zone with paving of westbound (north side) scheduled for Monday and eastbound (south side) scheduled for Tuesday. Following this work, crews will adjust utilities to make them flush with the new asphalt surface, and stripe the roadway later in the week.
- As part of the paving process, scheduled for Tuesday, March 31, both Valerie Drive and Emmett Drive on the SOUTH side of Queen Creek Road will be closed with no access to or from Queen Creek Road as paving crews pave the transition off of Queen Creek Road at these locations. Law enforcement officers will be on site to assist traffic during the paving activity.
- Concrete crews continue work on sidewalks, pedestrian ramps, and one remaining driveway from Cooper to Gilbert Road, and are scheduled to complete this work by the week of April 6.
- Landscape work also continues to take place in various locations throughout the project area, currently in the segment from Emmett to Gilbert Road and Cooper to Gilbert Road.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project Information: 480.898.4060
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.