Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction began in mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (Sep 11, 2019)
Queen Creek Road Improvements:
- Crews continue work in Queen Creek Road with traffic shifted to the north side of the road, one lane in each direction, from McQueen Road to Cooper Road for crews to install various water, sewer and storm drain infrastructure in this area.
- Work is also taking place on the south side of Queen Creek Road, from Cooper Road to Emmett Drive for crews to conduct initial removals in this area, with traffic on either side of the median and eastbound traffic reduced to one lane in this area.
- Electric crews are also working to install conduit on the south side of Queen Creek Road from just east of Cooper Road to Emmett Drive as part of the conversion of overhead electric power to underground. Once conduit is installed, SRP crews will need to pull wire as the next step in this process.
- Work is scheduled to begin next week to grade for and pour curb on the south side of Queen Creek Road from east of Cooper Road to Emmett Drive; and scheduled to begin the week of September 23, concrete crews will then work on catch basins and driveways from east of Cooper Road to Eagle Drive.
- Scheduled to begin the week of September 30, crews will begin grading activities on the south side of Queen Creek Road to prepare the subsurface of the roadway for paving. This activity is expected to take 3-4 weeks, with paving of the south side of the road expected sometime in late October.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.