Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction began in mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (Aug 8, 2019)
Cooper Road Improvements:
- Crews are working today to pave the private drives along Cooper Road.
- Crews continue to work on the streetlights and private walls along Cooper Road, with this work expected to be complete by the end of next week.
Queen Creek Road Improvements:
- Crews are working today to pave the westbound lanes of Queen Creek Road from McQueen to Cooper Road. Scheduled for Friday, August 9, Queen Creek Road traffic will be shifted to the north side of Queen Creek Road onto the asphalt pavement.
- Also scheduled for Friday, August 9, crews will mill (remove) asphalt on the south side of Queen Creek Road to begin installation of storm drain infrastructure. This work will take place starting at Adams and moving in an easterly direction to Eagle.
- Crews continue work on sidewalks and streetlights along Queen Creek Road from McQueen to Cooper Road, with SRP converting overhead electric to underground over the next few weeks.
- Also scheduled to begin as early as next week, crews will remove and reconstruct median curb in Queen Creek Road.
- Cooper Road and Queen Creek Road remain open for travel during this work with traffic shifted away from the work zone as necessary.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or firstname.lastname@example.org.