Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction is scheduled to begin mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (May 2, 2019):
- Crews continue work in Cooper Road, south of Queen Creek Road to place concrete and prepare the subsurface of the roadway for paving, which is currently scheduled for the week of May 13. Following paving, crews will adjust utilities in the new asphalt roadway to make them flush with the new asphalt surface. A slurry seal pavement application will then be applied to the existing asphalt roadway to seal and provide a finished look.
- In addition, work has begun on the west side of Cooper Road to prepare the area for construction of wall footings for block walls, with masons currently scheduled to begin their work late next week. This work is expected to take 1-2 weeks to complete.
- Tentatively scheduled to begin next week in Queen Creek Road, crews will install storm drain and then water pipeline from approximately Adams Avenue to Airport Boulevard. This work is taking place off the roadway so should not require any traffic restrictionsin Queen Creek Road. This work is expected to take 3-4 weeks to complete.
- Cooper Road and Queen Creek Road remain open for travel during this work with traffic shifted away from the work zone as necessary.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or firstname.lastname@example.org.