Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction began in mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (Nov 4, 2019)
Queen Creek Road Improvements:
- Concrete crews continue work constructing ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) ramps and sidewalk on the south side of Queen Creek Road from McQueen Drive to Emmett, currently near Diamond, Adams and Eagle Drive. Crews are also working in this area to tie rebar for installation of footings for masonry walls.
- Electric crews continue work to install conduit on the south side of Queen Creek Road as part of the conversion of overhead electric power to underground. As conduit installation nears completion, SRP crews are pulling wire as the next step in this process and this work is expected to be complete sometime next week.
- Scheduled to begin 6 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6 until Monday, Nov. 11 at 6 a.m., Wilson Drive will be closed at Queen Creek Road for contractor crews to construct a valley gutter at this location. Please use Markwood Drive and then either Gilbert Road or Emmett Drive to access Queen Creek Road during this time.
- Paving of the surface course (top layer) of asphalt on the north side of Queen Creek Road from Airport Drive to Cooper Road is taking place today, Nov. 4, and also on Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Landscape crews continues work installing landscape irrigation in median islands from McQueen to Emmett, and will begin plant installation shortly thereafter.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.