Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction began in mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (Jan 24, 2020)
Queen Creek Road Improvements:
- Electric crews have completed installation of new streetlights, which are currently scheduled to be energized sometime in the next week or two, once SRP crews complete their work. Traffic control in this area is expected to open up an additional lane for travel once the street lights have been energized.
- Grading crews are completing grading for curb on the north side of Queen Creek Road, from Emmett to Cooper Road and concrete curb is scheduled to be installed early next week. Also scheduled for next week, grading crews will begin grading activities on the north side of Queen Creek Road, from Emmett to Cooper Road to prepare the subsurface of the roadway for paving.
- Also scheduled for the week of January 27, paving crews will pave the base (bottom layer) and surface (top layer) of asphalt on the south side of Queen Creek Road from Emmett to Gilbert.
- Scheduled for the first week of February, concrete crews will continue work constructing ramps and sidewalk on the south side of Queen Creek Road from Emmett to Gilbert Road.
- Landscape work continues to take place in various locations throughout the project area.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project Information: 480.898.4060
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.