Queen Creek Road Improvements
Construction began in mid-March 2019 for the Queen Creek Road Improvements, McQueen Road to Gilbert Road, with construction expected to take approximately 17 months to complete. Improvements will widen Queen Creek Road between McQueen and Gilbert roads to six lanes (three lanes each direction) and include landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, and sidewalk. The project will also widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes each direction), from Queen Creek Road south to Nightingale Lane. Public meetings were held during design in July 2015 and prior to construction in January 2019. Provided below is current construction schedule information:
CONSTRUCTION INFO (July 13, 2019)
Cooper Road Improvements:
- Scheduled for the week of July 15, crews will replace the mailboxes along Cooper Road that were removed earlier in the project for improvements to take place.
- In addition, crews are nearing completion on improvements to Cooper Road with remaining work including street lighting, block walls and landscape restoration along Cooper Road. This work is expected to be complete by the end of July 2019.
Queen Creek Road Improvements:
- Crews continue work pouring concrete for curb, gutter and median curb on the north side of Queen Creek Road, from McQueen to Cooper. Scheduled to begin next week, grading activities will take place to prepare the subsurface of the roadway for future paving. Paving of the north side of Queen Creek Road, from McQueen to Cooper is currently scheduled to take place the first week of August.
- Scheduled for Saturday, July 13, crews will work to complete a water line tie in near Eagle Drive and Queen Creek Road and a flagger operation will be in place to assist with traffic during this work. You will be notified in advance of any planned disruption to your water service.
- Scheduled to begin the week of July 15, electric crews will work to install electric conduit for future street lighting, with this activity taking several weeks to complete.
- Cooper Road and Queen Creek Road remain open for travel during this work with traffic shifted away from the work zone as necessary.
- Business and resident access will be maintained and thank you for your patience during this work.
Project information: 480.898.4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance. Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Jason Crampton at 480-782-3402 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service) or email@example.com.